Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

The New Year's prayer

The prayer I will be praying tonight at midnight:
Lord, bless my new year and fill it with Your presence.
Teach me to let go of my temporary pleasures that pull me away from You.
Fill me with You, Lord, and make me desire being with You only.
Quench my thirst of being something more than Your daughter, for whenever I yearn to this fading world's glory, I turn my sights away from Your everlasting love and sacrifice.
Remind me everyday that I am Yours, that my soul, body and mind belong to You.
Surround me with Your love, so when everyone abandons me and I feel alone, I would remember having You, so my hunger would be satisfied.
Kill my desire for attention.
Set my eyes to my eternal Home. Make it my ultimate goal to be with You forever.
Let my love for You, Lord, beat my fear of You as my motive to please You and to do Your will.


Bless my family, friends, neighbors and the entire world.
Let Your unfathomable peace and glory prevail.
Mend the hearts that have been broken.
Heal the torn and wounded, both spiritually and physically.
Bring hope to the hopeless, and give insight to those who need it.
Lead nations to Your righteousness, and direct the rulers' hearts to Your desire.
Give company to the lonely, and let the hearts that have suffered rejoice with Your love.
Unveil the truth to those who seek it from You. Invalidate all earthly wisdom that contradicts Yours.


"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil."
By the name of Jesus Christ. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, forever and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?