Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Hawk In Paris (Part Deux)

Hey there! You remember the last time I posted about these guys?
Of course you don't. It's probably the first time you've ever heard of them as well. But it's alright, I'm here to the rescue!
You are about to witness the actual definition of awesome music. This is The Hawk In Paris, an electronic music project created and produced by Dan Haseltine (the amazing frontman of Jars of Clay), Matt Bronleewe (the amazing producer) and Jeremy Bose (musical mad scientist of sorts). These guys were friends in college, worked together, separated for ten years then came back to write together again, producing this one of a kind musical project.
It's basically pop music, with heavy electronic influences from 80s bands (Depeche Mode, Massive Attack...etc).
I said it last time I wrote about them; I never thought I'd like electronic music until I first listened to them, I recall the first song I previewed was "The New Hello (His)". I was shocked, then gave it a 2nd and 3rd chance, then got hooked on them for eternity.
I wanted to share with you a song called Beg For Love in the last post. I couldn't because I had obtained the demo version from Dan Haseltine's website, on which he left it available for download for only one day. He didn't wish for it to be spread as I presume, so I didn't post it to my SoundCloud account. That was the demo version.
They had released only two EPs until October 29th when they released their full length album Freaks. It included my dear "Beg For Love"  just with a different bridge instrumental. Needless to say, I was THRILLED!
Much to my joy they also graciously put it up to their SoundCloud account, so there you go. the much sought after: Beg For Love (with the lyrics that I deciphered)


Beg For Love (from their LP, FREAKS)

Lover in waiting out in the winter
You just wanna hold her or she wants just to let go
Will you watch her walk away?
Are you really gonna let her go?
Lie in the circus, forgotten your while
Your voice, over-rated, or she wants just to let go
Will you watch her walk away?
Are you really gonna let her go?

Don't make me beg for love, if I don't want to
Don't make me beg for love

There's a break in the action, a pause in the violin
She's a boat on the ocean, a drift on your silence
Will you watch her float away?
Are you really gonna let her go?
On this occasion, steady breathing is a cleansification
You'll be dead, she'll be leaving
Will you watch her float away?
Are you really gonna let her go?

Don't make me beg for love, if I don't want to
Don't make me beg for love

[bridge]
Don't make her wait, make her wait any longer (x 4)

Don't make me beg for love, if I don't want to
Don't make me beg for love

This next song is also one of my favorites on the album, it's called Wake Me Up. Here's a lyric video I found on YouTube, enjoy!
Wake Me Up (from the LP FREAKS):
That's it, guys! I hope you enjoyed the songs as much I do.
They are currently crowd-funding the release of FREAKS on CD and vinyl, they're almost there. So, check out these links if you're interested in their project:
PledgeMusic Crowd-funding project: Link
FREAKS: On iTunes
FREAKS: On Spotify
My last post: The Hawk In Paris
Freaks + Outcasts EP on NoiseTrade: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?