Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Mood Swings

I admit it, I've been acting like a total 4 year-old this week. The week began terribly with having to spend a whole day outside. I hate the outdoors!! It was pure torture for me. But then it was finding out the results of two quizzes I had taken the week before. Oh God, did I mess up! I was appalled, mostly of myself, I didn't even think I could do this bad. I was a complete wreck by Tuesday.
I have no idea what happened, but suddenly it all went better. Like when you give some candy to the aforementioned 4 year-old after crying hysterically. It probably has something to do with a pep talk given to me by a friend, I was like: "That's it, I'm done"...but then she was like: "Get up on your feet and just don't give a crap about it!" I NEEDED this!
The next day I had yet another quiz, physics this time. I felt pretty terrible before it, but after it was done...well, it was done anyway.
And I hit rock bottom again. A person with whom I've been friends for some time posted on facebook what implies that they just don't care anymore, about anything or anyone (pretty sure it's me at this case). I was angry, for I've been trying to reach out to this person while they just don't. I never wanted it to be like this, it hurts just to talk about it
 Since I decided not to give a crap about anything either, I tried to get my mind off of it. Let me tell you, listening to Gangnam Style by Psy does help, I was just laughing my butt off like an idiot :D
The soundtrack to the week is VERY diverse, ranging from slow, moody, melancholic songs, to upbeat, energetic pop. I'm the kind of girl who listens to Jars Of Clay and Taylor Swift, and I don't think I'd want to change that :))
So, here are the songs that stuck with me. They're on the two sides of the spectrum, but to me they're all good music.

P.s. to listen to any of the songs just click on the play button under the title :)

1. Headphones by Jars Of Clay:



Lyrics:
I don't have to hear it, if I don't want to
I can drown this out, pull the curtains down on you
It's a heavy world, it's too much for me to care
If I close my eyes, it's not there

With my headphones on, with my headphones on
With my headphones on, with my headphones on

We watch television...but the sound is something else
Just a song played against the drama, so the hurt is never felt
I take in the war-fires, and I'm chilled by the current events
It's so hopeless, but there's a pop song in my

Headphones on, in my headphones on
With my headphones on, with my headphones on

At the Tube Stop, you sit down across from me
(I can see you looking back at me)
I think I know you
By the sad eyes that I see
I want to tell you (It's a heavy world)
Everything will be okay
You wouldn't hear it (I don't want to have to hear it)
So we go our separate ways...

With our headphones on, with our headphones on
With our headphones on, with our headphones on
I don't wanna be the one who tries to figure it out
I don't need another reason I should care about you
You don't want to know my story
You don't want to own my pain
Living in a heavy, heavy world
And there's a pop song in my head
I don't want to have to hear it


2. Scenic Route also by Jars Of Clay:


Lyrics:
Don't turn your back on me
Or read in between my words
I'm trying to drag this out
Taking the scenic route

I know we could get there much faster if we wanted to
But that isn't what you and I came here to do

No nails to untie the knots
No veins left to take the shots
No touch to end a fight
Or letting who's wrong be right

We're just sitting like novels we've picked up but never read through
You think you know my ending, I think I know yours, too
You see, nowhere in these old conversations is there anything new

Even though we know the sun will rise
Every ray of light still takes us by, by surprise

Baby, leave it all behind
Baby, leave it all behind
Missed a road sign
I don't want to get home soon
Drive the car all the way around the moon
Baby, we could get lost
We have another state to cross
We could find each other out
Tell our secrets on the scenic route
I don't want to get home soon
Drive the car around the moon
I don't want to crush you or rush you
I'm not going faster if you want to and if you want to
I don't want to rush you or crush you
But I won't go faster if you want to
It's not what we came here to do
I just want to drive
I just want to drive

  
3. Red by Taylor Swift:
 

Lyrics:
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street
Faster than the wind, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly
Loving him is like trying to change your mind once you’re already flying through the free fall
Like the colors in autumn, so bright, just before they lose it all

Losing him was blue, like I’ve never known
Missing him was dark grey, all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Loving him was red

Touching him was like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you
Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song
Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there’s no right answer
Regretting him was like wishing you’d never found out that love could be that strong

Losing him was blue, like I’ve never known
Missing him was dark grey, all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red

Oh, red
Burning red

Remembering him comes in flashbacks, in echoes
Tell myself it’s time now, gotta let go
But moving on from him is impossible when I still see it all in my head
Burning red
Loving him was red

Oh, losing him was blue, like I’ve never known
Missing him was dark grey, all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
‘Cause loving him was red
Yeah, yeah red
Burning red

And that’s why he’s spinning round in my head
Comes back to me, burning red
Yeah, yeah
His love was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street


That's it peeps, the stuff I needed to blurt out. I shall go back to being buried alive in books, praying it would all pay off in the end.

Peace, Love and Longing for Perfection :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?